28 Oct How to Highlight Your Highlights
Instagram Stories are an excellent way for brands to connect to their followers. However, since they expire after 24 hours, you’ll want to find other ways to make sure your audience will actually see it. That’s when Story Highlights come in.
Story Highlights are just saved Stories that appear below your bio on your profile. This way, you can ensure anyone visiting your profile at any time will be able to see them, even after your original Story disappears.
First, go to your Story Settings to ensure your Stories save to your archive after they expire.
- To add new Stories to your Highlights, just click the plus sign below your bio on your profile and upload it.
- To add expired Stories, go to your Story Archive and select Create Highlight.
- To add current Stories, simply view your current Story and select Highlight.
We suggest adding a graphic for each Highlight with a cohesive visual language. It’s a very small space, so we recommend going the simple, flat icon route.
So what should you highlight? It depends on the type of business, but here are some suggestions that should work for any business.
- Best product/dish features: Show your followers the best products your business has to offer.
- Ongoing promotions: If your business is having special promotions or deals, this is a great place to ensure they’ll be seen.
- Testimonials: Showcase your happy customer reviews here.
- Polls: Have a question only your followers can answer? Put it here.
- About: Customers love learning about your business’s backstory. Offer some transparency and let them get to know you and your business better.
Remember, only highlight the important parts. Now, Highlight away!